Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Running Red Lights

Proof those little cameras that sit atop intersections throughout Orlando actually work arrived at my doorstep last week. It came in the form of a certified letter from the post man. Oh, how I wished I hadn't crawled out of bed that morning.

Three photos of the backside of my car cruising through the intersection of E. Michigan St. and Dixie Belle Dr. accompanied a price tag of $125!

Don't do what I do, kids. In all fairness though, it appears as though I'm applying the brakes in all three pictures, at least making some effort to stop and/or slow down before coasting through the intersection.

What's worse is that I hardly remembered driving around that area that particular day, until it all came flooding back to me.

At just before noon I was jamming out to the James Brown "In The Jungle Groove" album. So now, in my time of desperate need, I call upon the spirit of The Godfather of Soul to help bail me out of this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment